Warning Lithium Polymer batteries are volatile. Failure
to read and follow all safety instructions may result in fire, personal injury
or property damage if charged/discharged or used improperly.
Before using lithium polymer batteries, you must understand that misuse of these batteries may cause a fire that will not respond to a standard fire extinguisher. Lithium polymer batteries must be charged in a fireproof container away from any combustible materials.
1. Do not discharge below 3.0 volts per cell under load.
2. Do not allow the battery temperature to exceed 160?F (71?C).
3. Store in a dry location between 20?F (-7?C) and 104?F (40?C).
4. If possible, it is recommended that you store them between 75?F (24?C) and 95?F (35?C).
5. Never attempt to charge a lithium polymer battery with a charger that is not specifically designed to charge lithium polymer batteries. We recommend charging ONLY with a charger that uses a balancer!!!
6. Never charge lithium polymer batteries unattended.
7. Store,transport & charge lithium polymer batteries in a fireproof container.
8. Do not charge polymer packs at a rate greater than 1C.
9. Do not charge a pack if the average cell voltage is less than 3.3 volts.
10. Charge packs individually. Do not charge multiple packs at the same time unless your charger is specifically designed for this.
11. Never charge dissimilar packs in series or parallel at the same time on the same charger.
12. Do not discharge at a greater rate than the manufacturer recommends.
13. An approved amperage meter (ammeter) should be used in determining load.
14. If any cell with the pack puffs or swells, discontinue use immediately.
15. Do not attempt to charge a cell or pack that has been damaged.
16. Do not attempt to disassemble packs or re-solder connections.
17. Do not short circuit the battery.
18. Do not puncture the battery.
19. Provide plenty of cooling for the battery.
20. Shock absorbing material should surround the battery to protect it from hard landings or crashes.
21. Always use common sense in using and handling lithium polymer batteries.
22. If you are using a "smart charger" that automatically detects the cell-count of a pack, always check to make sure it has chosen the correct cell-count. If the charger has chosen the incorrect cell-count, discontinue the charge immediately.
23. Always check voltage before charging.
24. A balance charger or balancer is always recommended.
25. Batteries should be 75-80% of charge when storing them.
26. If your polymer battery is subject to a crash or are damaged in any way, isolate in an area free of flammable materials and observe for 30 minutes before re-use or disposal.
27. Never get Lipo Packs wet.
28. Contact a local waste disposal company for info on proper disposal.
29. By proceeding with the use of lithium polymer batteries, you agree to accept the responsibility for the safe use and storage of these products and follow all the necessary precautions set forth in these guidelines. In addition to this list, information abounds on the internet about the inherent risks associated with lithium batteries, and we recommend you research the subject further to educate and protect yourself!
Lithium Polymer Return Policy:
We will credit you for any non-special ordered item returned UNUSED within 15 days of original purchase. If an item is returned for a reason other than manufacturing defect, a 30% restocking charge will apply. Items must be in original, re-sellable condition, unused and no connectors installed.
No warranty for any cells/batteries that show signs of abuse and/or damage.
No warranty for any special ordered items. Customers are responsible for all freight charges unless we shipped something in error.
Customer is responsible for any return shipping charges.
We are not responsible for manufacturer changes in product or specifications.
We are not responsible for any property damage or personal injury caused by misuse of batteries. No warranty is expressed or implied for any product used beyond manufacturers specifications. We honor all manufacturer warranties.
Offshore Electrics Inc. will not be liable for any damages based upon inconvenience, loss of use of the product, or commercial loss, or any other damages, whether incidental, consequential or otherwise.
Reading and following the printed limitations of this product is the responsibility of the customer/buyer.
Offshore Electrics Inc., PolyRC, Thunder Power RC, Enerland, Hyperion, Elite their employees, dealers or distributors assume no liability for failures to comply with all posted warnings and safety guidelines.
PolyRC, Thunder Power, Polyquest, Air Thunder, Elite & Hyperion Li-Poly/Li-Ion Batteries sold by Offshore Electrics Inc. are approved only for the Radio-Control Market. Use in any other application is not permitted without prior approval. Charging, discharging, use for Electric Motors, Flying Models, Boats or Cars may cause serious personal injury or property damage. In purchasing/using Lithium Polymer Batteries, the buyer/user, agrees to accept all responsibilities of these risks and not to hold Offshore Electrics Inc, its Distributors or Retailers (including all owners and employees) responsible for any accidents, injury to persons, or damage to property. Since many Radio-Control applications exceed the manufacturer's recommended maximum discharge rates, there is no warranty (expressed or implied) by the manufacturer, its Distributors and Retailers in respect to the Cycle Life, Capacity, Cell Characteristics or Storage of cells/packs used in the Radio-Control market.
By purchasing lithium polymer batteries from Offshore Electrics Inc., the buyer assumes all risks associated with this product. If you do not agree with ALL these conditions, please do not purchase Li-Poly batteries. Failure to read and follow these instructions may result in fire, personal and/or property damage if charged or used improperly. Offshore Electrics Inc., Thunder Power, RC Lipos Inc, our distributors/dealers and employees assume no liability for failures to comply with these warnings and safety guidelines.
Not logged in
- Items by Manufacturer
- All Products
- About Us
- Store search
- Terms & Conditions
- Tips on Surfing this Site
- OSE Sponsorships